Tuesday 14 January 2014

Fast and Serious

So I figure I might as well get a marathon under by belt and debut at Ottawa in May. Which means that I will soon have to begin doing a lot of longer workouts at marathon pace, steeling myself for 26.2 miles of hard road. Things are about to get very serious, and I'm wondering how well my body will hold up. 

But before all that fun starts, I'm racing a track 3K in Toronto on Saturday. Prior to this I will have run a grand total of one workout on the track (not counting 3km with three 200m pickups done on Saturday at the end of a long run). Should be interesting to see what I can manage, but I predict it will feel terrible regardless of pace. It always used to take a few workouts for my track legs to develop to the point where 3 minute kilometres were feasible during university, and while I feel I have the strength right now, I'm under no illusions about my ability to blast off fifteen laps around the oval at U of T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment