Sunday 19 January 2014

Could have been worse

So about that 3K I mentioned last week. Definitely could have gone worse! Myself and four of my running buddies cranked it out and as a team swept the first three spots, with me finishing third in 8:59. I was quite happy, especially given that the first kilometre was called out to be around 3:03.  

The rest of the week's training left something to be desired, as I was banged up following a brief re-introduction to speed on Tuesday, with my right knee needing some rest. That was a bit of a shame given that the weather this week was the best it's been in quite some time for both footing and temperature. I'm hopeful that everything has resolved itself (and it wasn't like setbacks weren't expected) so that I can rebound with a good week...just in time for more cold weather to roll in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment