Monday 25 November 2013

Help carrying the weight

I'm heading into my third week of having people to run with in the mornings, and I must say it has made putting the miles in a lot more enjoyable. This is also sort of an interesting informal "block" of training in that I'm not really doing specific workouts and actually just doing base mileage, which it seems I haven't really done properly in a few years for a variety of reasons. 

Towards the end of our group long run on Saturday, snow started to fall and dusted the trail in white. It got me really amped up and we started bombing down the Hamilton rail trail. I don't know where this excitement derives from really, but it happens to me with the first few snowfalls every year. I think fresh snow is quite pretty, but if there was any doubt that winter is arriving with its fury, that and a windchill of -20 quickly put the issue to bed. Which means thick mittens and doubling up on layers until April. My enthusiasm over its arrival will perish quickly, I will long for warmer temperatures, and yet I get excited all the same. Maybe it's just change I get excited for, with the promise of fresh experiences. 

Speaking of experiences, my beloved Ti-Cats were pummelled last night, but at least they made it to the big game! As fans of the Maple Leafs can attest, there's always next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment